Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Crane Chandelier Project

Jul 28, 2009



During the process of my research for the multiple ettiques and resources, I stumbled on this crane chandelier project originated from Toronto for the good cause of cancer research. Having lost family members to cancer and also been with cancer survivors, it really excites me that we could be part of this cause.

So what is this project about? The goal is to collect 10,000 origami cranes and make them into a chandlier for donating to a community as an art piece, and for each crane donated, 50 cents will be donated to cancer research by WeddingCo. These are no ordinary cranes, it must be signed by brides and grooms to be married before Jan 2010. The crane symbolizes peace from propserity and friendship, and there is no better time than a wedding where both are celebrated and most represented. I want in!

Read more about the project here ... http://www.theweddingco.com/events/index.php?event=5

Almost immediately I signed up for a crane to be signed by Ryan and myself, but I wanted to pledge more.
It is just too late to change our theme, so my ideal is to make as many cranes as I can in the next 70 days, and invite our guests to make them during the wedding. I am going to provide origami papers and instruction for my guests, especially the kids, to make cranes. At the end of the day, we will sign our names and mail to WeddingCo. I had emailed the organizer and got an agreement they will donate 50 cents for every crane we send in. Woo hoo.

My goal is to at least make 500 cranes, so if you like to help out, make the cranes and send to me or bring to our wedding if you are attending :-)

I am off to make my first crane ....

No comments:

Post a Comment