Sunday, July 12, 2009

Art and Craft weekend

July 11, 2009

This weekend is art and craft weekend, we were planning to finish our invitations and have them mail out by next week. Of coz, we came up with a few more ideas which takes time to make and a printer. Our old printer refused to feed the paper and the new printer could not be configured :-(

On Friday night, I had alone time at home while Ryan enjoyed baseball at AT&T park with JP. The boys had an awesome time, they just watched the historic game of no-hitter from the Giants. The Giants are doing great this season, Padres worst. Oh I disgressed, I spent my night addressing guests on the pearlascent envelopes we bought. I was not able to write as neatly as I thought 1) my wrist still hurts from tendonitis 2) the embossed envelopes sways my writing. Guess we have to deal with whats done.

Back to my new ideas:
1. create a pocket holder using the same hand-made paper (silver-green patina from papersource) to hold the invitation and inserts.

2. create a red insert card to describe the chinese customs and the front of the card needs a hand-made silver-emboss chinese double-happiness character. this is work.

To do these, we need papers and lots of time. Saturday morning we head to papersource, bought the remaining 6 sheets of patina paper and a pack of red papers, perfect for the 2 projects. I was happy the paper was 60% off and I snatched another $10 discount for the rest of the items.

We came home and I begin cutting the sheets with my quilting rotary cutter while Ryan works on his flash projects. I was excited to see the blocks of pocket holder forming shapes after 1.5 hours of cutting and another hour to glue and shape the pocket top. I ended up with 6 green sticky fingers, but 70 fine-looking pocket holders. I am pleased with myself.

Next, the red insert card, I created the template in MS Word, it describes my chinese customs:
The double happiness, the red envelope and the tea ceremony. This is less tacky then asking for red packet for the non-chinese guests. Unfortunately I have to print it on the red sheets before cutting them and embossing the character. Oh well, they have to wait until tomorrow.

Something bad happened on Sunday, Ryan rode his bike to Panera but he hit the curb and twisted his right knee. oh oh. Some guy helped him up and almost called 911. But Ryan was fine, he sat down, rested a bit and finally called me to pick him up. We went to emergency room at Kaiser. Turned out he did not break any bones or tendons, he just needed vicodine and clutches. Now he is back home working on his children's animation. If only he heed my advice to stay home or let me drop him off at Panera. Oh well man. And now he can't help with any invitation work.

I am off to cook some dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment