Monday, July 13, 2009

Evening gown

July 13, 2009

I had been torned with having an evening gown to change or not.
Some said my white gown is too beautiful and should be worn longer, while others said I should change to a more casual gown to feel relax during the dancing. The chinese custom says the bride changes 3 gowns on the day of her wedding. I am having a hard time choosing one :-(

In the past 8 months, I have not been able to find one gown that I truely like, except for Enzoani Love Collection A28. Too bad it cost too much for a dress to be worn only once. And the tailor that TC recommended said she has to charge more than the chinese tailor from China, she is presumptous about Enzoani using a chinese manufacturer, or maybe it is true. Who cares.

After tons of online shopping for gowns, thats how I got my wrist tendonistis btw, I was able to find another one that I like ... a East-meet-West version by Val Lee from Singaore.
She is a tailor I found randomly online, I love the wonders of internet, and she is super reasonable and helpful with my choices of fabrics. This is the gown I was torn about ...
http://blessedbrides.wordpress.com/bridal-bridesmaid-prom-gowns/manderin/
But will I be able to wear the gown on another occasion? I kinda of like the mandarin collar, but I felt it choking me already.

Finally I was reading someone's blog, and stumbled upon this wedding dress in Monqiue Lhuillier's Fall 2009 collection. It will be my evening gown with a different color, and custom made by Val Lee. I just loved it. I think I can wear for another occasion sometime ...

My gown will be using a blue satin and lace. I had spent several hours picturing this, almost tempted to use photoshop to recreate it, oh photoshop license expired, nonetheless I am excited. I think the most difficult part is taking my own measurements so that Val can make my dress to fit perfectly, afterwards it is the waiting. It will take 2 months to make ... running close to my family's departure date. Cross my fingers it will be nicely ... or alternations will be needed. I am a risk-taker and have faith in Val :-)

I love my sisters, they are going to pay for this gown :-D yippee

1 comment: