Sunday, August 9, 2009

Gown Anxiety

August 09, 2009

Today is Singapore National Day, I missed the celebration, parade and fireworks. Of coz I have been busy ... making cranes. I am proud that I made slightly more than 100 cranes so far, and still going.
It might have derail my blogging progress a little heehee ... i need to get back on track.

Good news and not so good news ... my evening gown is ready, 4 weeks ahead of schedule, thats awesome. Maybe that also explained the not so good news, my sister don't think Val's workmanship is up to par, and she has been scrutinizing the gown with an eagle eye. While I, was really pleased to find my younger sister stepped up to her role and bargain with Val for her to fix several unsatisfactory areas.

Also today I received my evening gown, I am filled with curosity and nervousness, I want to see the gown but I am very worried about the fit and the unsatisafctory areas my sister mentioned.

With much anxiety, I tried it on .....

Phew!! the overall fit very nicely, not too tight, but the top is not done per my M Lhuillier's version. It keeps falling forward, somehow there needs to be a better way to secure the piece of lace. I listed 10 improvements and will be sending it back to Singapore. This is a costly and time-consuming process ... this time it will be until Sept before I can see the gown again. At least Yvette agrees it looks nice, money while worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment