Sunday, September 6, 2009

Music to the ears

Aug 27, 2009

45 days to our wedding and we have not figured out our wedding songs :-o
Given that I am musically challenged, I cannot never remember the name of a song or the artist for that matter, I have to whip up my PM skills and get Ryan to own this. Ryan came from a family with tons of music talents, this is the one task he is happy to own, and finding the band of course.

The process is simple: Ryan has to select a few songs that he likes and what he thinks I will like and we will both make a selection together.

First up: You are wonderful tonight. NAYYYYYYY
Second up: a song by Enya. NAYYYYYYY
Third up: another Jack Johnson song. MAYBE NOT AGAIN

Then I asked: you don't suppose Mike can sing opera? I love Andrea Bocelli.
This is the turning point.

Turned out Mike CAN sing that one song that I absolutely love by Andrea Bocelli!!! Very amazing surprise! And he himself was excited to sing that song in our wedding, he thought the translated lyrics was absolutely beautiful for a wedding. Mike actually practised 13 times that day to confirm he will be ready. Blessed that soul.

Only 1 hurdle: we need a professional pianist. We want to count on Patrick, but the poor brother is not comfortable playing a complicated song without much practice.
I am leaving the boys to figure out the challenges, and they never fail me, I was so so pleased.
Ryan found our pianist through craiglists, he is a graduate student from SF Music Conservatory, and he just played that song last week and is willing to rehearse with Mike, plus his rates were reasonable, he is so hired!

The band called back too, I was worried we aint going to hear back from these busy bees ... we have a good deal of 6 person band + sound systems. Woo Hoo!

After 2 days of putting soul to music, we got music to the ears :-D

All the songs are confirmed, and Ryan was able to pull off another surprise music with Colleen and the pianist.
I am starting to visualize the wedding is going to be beautiful, i think i will be in happy tears no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment